REGISTER A TEAM
Step 1: Gather your Team!
Volunteers and teachers make it happen, and we make it easy for you with step-by-step instructions, and all the resources and support you need to succeed.
Step 2: Register with FIRST®
Registration for FIRST® LEGO® League opens in May. Teams will need to start the two-level registration process with national FIRST® registration. The $225 registration fee covers your challenge and basic team materials (national team number, team meeting guides, and engineering notebooks). To ensure the safety of our youth, all program volunteers, coaches, and mentors must be screened as part of the FIRST® Youth Protection Program. Teams must register with the national branch of FIRST® LEGO® League to participate in an official regional tournament.
Team Registration Fee: $225 per season + $75 Robot Game Field Kit
Step 3: Join our Community & Stay Connected!
While we do send important regional announcements directly to registered coaches, we encourage coaches, mentors, and additional volunteers to stay in the loop about VA+DC FIRST® LEGO® League by…
- Joining the ListServ to get important announcements and stay connected with other coaches in the region. Sign up here.
- Subscribing to our monthly newsletter for team highlights and local happenings.
- Frequently visiting the Team Resources page & Challenge Resources.
- Sign up for our webinar series that runs July through December.
Step 4: Register with for an event with VA+DC FIRST® LEGO® League
This is the second level of the two level registration process. Once you register with FIRST® and receive your official team number, teams must register with VA+DC FIRST® LEGO® League in order to participate in a regional tournament.
Before December 1st, one coach needs to…
- Create a VA+DC FIRST® LEGO® League Team Manager account.
- Invite an assistant coach to be a part of your team (optional).
- Add the members on your team . This step is required in order to select your team’s tournament preferences.
- You will need each member’s: First and Last Name, Birthdate, Grade, Ethnicity & Gender (optional)
- MAKE PAYMENT: Regional Event Registration Fee – $150
Step 5: Select Tournament Preferences
Registration for tournament preferences will open on December 1st at 10am and will close on December 10th. Log into Team Manager Account to register.
Each team will select 4 tournament preferences. After the closing of registration on December 10th, teams will be assigned to their tournament. Teams will be able to find their tournament assignment in their Team Manager account or our website after December 15th.