1. Register your team by choosing your tournament preferences by October 10th.
Tournament preferences may be selected without regard for division, as teams will be matched up to compete only within their division.
- Choose your 1st, 2nd and 3rd tournament preferences. All three are required, but each team will be allowed to compete once only. Check out the Tournament Schedule for tournament dates and locations.
Note: We will attempt to match teams with their 1st tournament preferences. However, to avoid exceeding tournament capacity, we may need to match teams with their 2nd or 3rd preferences. Matches are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
Teams may register for any regional tournament, regardless of division. They will be matched up to compete against other teams within their division.
2. Log into your Team Manager Account and indicate preferences
Note: If you don’t have a Team Manager Account yet, register with FIRST LEGO League and then create a Team Manager account with Virginia + Washington, D.C.
Note: You will access the Team Manager Account page through an earlier version of our website. The design and background will look like the image below.
- From the View/Edit Team Registration Information page, select View/Edit Tournaments next to a team.
- Click Enter Tournaments.
- Select your 1st, 2nd and 3rd tournament preferences for that team.
- To cancel a tournament selection, click N/A to the right of the tournament.
- Click Update Tournaments.
- Return to the Manager Options menu and select Logout.
3. Collect and bring signed agreements to tournament
- Collect signed FIRST Consent and Release Agreements from each team member, mentor and coach. Team member agreements must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Bring copies of the signed agreements to the regional tournament registration desk.
Note: Team members will not be allowed on the tournament floor without these signed agreements.
4. Fill out and bring copies of information sheet to tournament
- Fill out four copies of the FIRST LEGO League Team Information Sheet.
- Attach a team photo to the back of the sheet.
- At the tournament, give a copy to each of the following at the tournament:
- Registration desk
- Robot Design judges
- Project judges
- Core Values judges