Part 1: Prerequisites
Please allow at least 1-2 weeks to complete all steps of team registration.
- Determine your division
- If all team members are between the ages of 9 and 11 on January 1st of the competition year, then you have a Division 1 team. However, Division 1 teams may elect to compete in Division 2 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If at least one team member is 12 years or older on January 1st of the competition year, then you have a Division 2 team. Division 2 teams may not compete in Division 1 under any circumstances.
- Teams must have at least 3 and no more than 10 members.
Most teams are coached by parents and teachers. No experience is necessary. We recommend having at least 2 coaches per team.
- Ask parents, teachers, your PTO/PTA, your principal, or members of your school district if they might be interested in coaching.
- Hold an informational meeting for your school or group in the spring or very early September—explain the program, time frame, costs and the need for volunteer coaches.