Keep checking back for updates and opportunities as we start this 2019-2020 season!
Tennessee Valley Authority Grants 19-20
- All FIRSTLEGO League teams in the TVA Service Area are eligible for funding, which will cover the team registration & Challenge Set.
- Teams must begin the registration process with FIRST and have a team number, however, teams must NOT pay for registration as it will forfeit their TVA Grant. No exceptions, substitutions or refunds will be made.
- A maximum of 200 TVA team grants are available on a first come, first served basis. Funds will be available until December 1, 2019 ORuntil team registration closes in your region ORuntil we reach the 200 team grant cap – whichever comes first.
- All teams interested in receiving TVA funds must submit a very short online application to FIRST® which can be found here.
TVA Grant Process
- You could see as much as 2 weeks pass between requesting your grant and receiving the funds. Please plan accordingly if you have known, critical deadlines.
- Any applications from teams that have already paid registration or are outside of the TVA service area will be declined.
- FIRST will review all grant requests each Wednesday by noon, Eastern Time.
- FIRST will send the grant requests to Tennessee Valley Authority to verify your team’s location within their service area. This process usually takes 48 hours.
- Once FIRST® receives the approval back from Tennessee Valley Authority, teams can expect the grant funds to be available within 5 business days.
Additional Questions? Please e-mail Ryanne Cook – firstname.lastname@example.org
United Technologies & Collins Aerospace Team Grants 19-20
Collins Aerospace provides these grants as a way to create access to STEM curricula for students in underrepresented populations; introduce students ages 5-12 to STEM disciplines; and, provide opportunities for students to learn skills that are essential for our future workforce.
Employee-mentored/ Coached Team Grant Eligibility
The United Technologies, Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Carrier, and Otis FIRST team grants are available to any team with an employee coach/mentor(s).
“Redefining Futures FIRST” Team Grant Eligibility
Teams living in Virginia and Washington D.C. (a Collins Aerospace community) must fit two of the following criteria.
– Newly formed FIRST team
– Team of High-need/Over 50% Free/Reduced Lunch rates
– Teams with over 50% makeup of underrepresented populations in STEM fields