Remote Rumble – 2/19/22
VA-DC FLL Challenge Remote Rumble
Saturday, February 19th, 2022
Event Schedule / Format
For this off-season scrimmage event, teams will be competing remotely from their own communities. Before the event, teams will record and submit their robot game rounds and submit materials for the judges to review. To find out what teams can submit, check out this Team Materials Submission checklist
On the day of the event, teams will…
(1) Meet with their judging panel for a 25 minute virtual judging session. Find your team’s judging time here. Zoom links will be emailed directly to coaches on Monday, 2/14
(2) Find out their robot game scores on the Live Scoreboard. If teams have questions about their score, they will be able to contact the Head Referee (more information in Event Day section).
(3) Check the work of other teams in the Virtual Pit and Robot Game Showcase!
Submitting Team Materials
- *Optional* Robot Game Practice Round due by 11:59 on Wednesday, Feb 9th
- Teams are encouraged to submit a practice round video to ensure that they have correctly recorded the robot game rounds. It also gives teams the chance to get clarification on rules to make sure that teams get all the points they are hoping for! SUBMIT PRACTICE VIDEO LINK
- Teams Materials due by 11:59 PM on Thursday, Feb 17th
- What should teams submit? Teams can submit links to a variety of materials through FLL Tournament, an online platform we will be using for the event. Approximately a week before the judging materials are due, teams will receive an email from “FLL Tournament <Brian@gravellellc.com>” with direction on how to submit links.
- Team Materials Checklist: https://va-dcfll.org/app/uploads/2022/01/Team-Submission-Checklist-3.pdf
- Two Important Notes about Materials:
- Innovation Project: Judges will watch this video presentation BEFORE meeting with the team, then begin with project questions. Be sure to take a look at the judging flow chart when preparing your team.
- Robot Game Rounds: Please make sure you take a look the Robot Game Recording Guidelines –YouTube or PDF – (especially if your team did not submit a practice round). Also, when teams are submitting links to their video, they also have the option to submit their own scoring. This can be helpful if there is a question about the official score.
- Coaches Meeting: Join us Friday, 2/18 at 7PM EST for the Coaches Meeting. If you cannot attend, the recording will be sent out to all coaches. The link to the call will be sent out with the Judging session link on Monday, 2/14.
- Team Judging Session: Teams meet with Judges for a 25 minute Judging Session. You can find your team’s judging time here. Zoom links will be sent directly to coaches on 2/14.
- Check out Robot Game Scores on the Live Scoreboard! If teams have a question about their score, the team should email the Head Referee, Mike Brown email@example.com with the round number and their concern. The Head Ref will review the video and score, then he will reach out to the Lead Coach. Any robot game inquires need to be emailed by 1:30 PM, so final scores are ready for Judging Deliberations!
- Team Showcase: Teams will have the option to participate in the Virtual Pit and Robot Game Showcase. Find out more about what a Virtual Pit Area is: https://va-dcfll.org/app/uploads/2022/01/Virtual-Pit-Instructions-22.pdf. Teams can submit their Virtual Pit links and opt into the Robot Game Showcase HERE
After the Event
- Team Rubrics and Scoresheets: Shortly after the closing ceremony, rubrics and score sheets will be emailed to coaches.
- Awards and participation buttons will be mailed to teams.
Practice Round Due 2/9/22
Team Materials Due 2/17/22
Event Links for Participants/ Families/ Community
Give this links to participants, families, and community members to get important links for the event!
Kaitlin Ilnitzki – Event Manager
Marty Scherr – Event Judge Advisor
Mike Brown – Head Referee