Teams will register for their preferred date. Because of our lower registration numbers due to the pandemic, we are not worried about events filling up as we can accommodate up to 20 teams at a Festival.
Festivals must have at least 4 teams registered. After that minium has been met, VA-DC FLL will confirm the event with teams and follow up with payment information. If the minium has not been met two weeks before the event, VA-DC FLL will need to cancel the event and will reach out to teams to reschedule.
VA-DC FLL Explore Festival Schedule
- Sunday, April 18th 1pm-3pm
- Saturday, May 1st 1pm-3pm
- Sunday, May 16th 2pm-4pm
- Saturday, June 5th 10am-12pm
- Saturday, June 12th 10am-12pm
VA- DC FLL Explore Festivals will happen remotely this season, meaning that teams will participate virtually from their own communities.
- Teams can be together in one location or participate separately from their own home.
- Event will last approximately two hours with lots of time for breaks and movement!
- Teams will meet with Reviewers for about 15-20 minutes to talk about their work this season, specifically the Team Model and Show Me Poster
- Teams will also be able to check out the work of other teams in attendance and participate in a few live games and activities.
- We will wrap up with a virtual parade of teams and awards ceremony.
Before the Event
- Have students complete the Youth Registration
- Submit materials (2 days before event)
- Team Picture
- Team Model Video
- Show Me Poster
During the Event
- Opening and Welcome!
- Teams will be assigned to a group, then groups will switch.
- Group A: Meet with Reviewers (15-20minutes) / Check out Team Showcase
- Group B: Activities and Games
- Parade of Teams and Closing Celebration!
After the Event
- VA-DC FLL will mail coaches the team medals, pins, and awards
How to Prepare your Team
A FLL Explore Festival is all about celebrating the work the team and our Core Values! Team members should be ready to have fun and talk about their work. Reviewers will be checking out the Team Model and Show Me poster before the Review Session. We will be holding a FLL Explore: How to Prepare for an Event webinar on Tuesday, March 30th. You can register HERE.
Before the event…
- Have the team create a Show Me Poster
- Have the team film their Team Model
- Take a look at the Reviewer Questions and Review Sheet
- Have your team practice introducing themselves and sharing their work with family/friends on a “practice call”! It will help them feel more comfortable during the review session. You can even try some of the “Reviewer Questions” with them (found in previous bullet point).