Here’s how it works . . .
- Create an amazing solution to the Animal Allies Challenge with your team and make a video explaining it.
- By February 1st, 2017, submit your video using the Video Submission Form.
- Regional judges evaluate the videos and nominate one team from the region.
- Nominee from Virginia or Washington, D.C. submits a description of their solution to FIRST® LEGO League.
- April, 2017. FIRST LEGO League announces 20 semi-finalist teams.
- June, 2017. Semi-finalists compete in Washington, D.C. at the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award Celebration.
- Two teams receive $5,000 and one team receives $20,000 to further their innovative solution.
Where will your ideas take you?
The FIRST® LEGO League Global Innovation Award presented by XPRIZE® is designed to encourage and assist teams to further develop their innovative solutions to real-world problems.
For many teams, their innovative solutions created through the year’s project have led to some amazing opportunities like receiving local and national media attention, meeting government leaders, and seeing their invention brought to market. For some, their inventions have changed lives.